Friday, March 28, 2014

Halfway Point!

Today I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to go. I ate a big meal and went to the gym. I had no idea that I would manage 31 pullups in a row today, but I am feeling great about it. Here is a breakdown of the workout below:

  • 1 set of pullups to failure (BW x 31)
  • Barbell Curls: 84 x 8, 94 x 4, 50 x 21 x 2
  • Reverse Barbell Curls: 40 x 15, 50 x 12
  • 3 30 sec. bar hangs
  • 2 finger switching x 20 
  • 1 finger switching x 4
  • 1 arm pullup x 1 (with jump start)

The 2-finger switching is when I only grip the bar with two fingers of one had for half the set, then vice versa. I still couldn't manage a regular one arm pullup, but kicked off slightly to at least benefit from the negative portion of the rep, and to help me gradually adapt to one arm pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment