Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Purpose of this blog

Why is my main physical goal to reach 60 pullups in a row?

Pullups have throughout history been known as one of, if not the cardinal gauge of upper body strength. Military forces throughout the world use them as one of the primary gauges of upper body strength.

Marine Recon is said to require 20+ full range pullups in a row.

The Russian Spetsnaz requirements are said to be 18 dead-hang weighted (10 kg) pullups in a row.

To become a Navy SEAL the bare minimum pullups is 8, while one should be able to do 20 or so to be competitive.

I was previously a recreational bodybuilder/powerlifter (about 7 years ago). Recently, I started working out again, and have felt newly invigorated as a result, and hope to continue down this path once again.

I have set an attainable goal of 60 pullups in a row, that once accomplished, I hope to surpass as well.

If you are looking to increase your strength/stamina and/or increase muscle mass, you can follow along and maybe pick up a few things along the way as a document my progress.

I started this journey as of 1/15/14, and at that point in time had managed 17 pullups in a row. As of now (3/13/14) I have progressed to 24 pullups in a row, and have began to incorporate hangs, heavy forearm work, and work towards one-arm pullups as well. I will be uploading videos of some of my more productive workouts. I am also doing a full-body workout routine at the moment, also attempting to reach PRs for Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift, etc. However, as the pullup is in my opinion the ultimate gauge of upper body strength-stamina, this is my primary goal at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment