Monday, March 24, 2014

Achieving the unachievable

So far I have gone from 17 pullups in a row(1/15/14) to 28 pullups in a row(3/24/14). It looks so far as if I am well on track to reach my goals, and I believe that anyone with a decent diet and workout plan can definitely do the same. Many people will say that it is impossible for most people to get over the say 40 or 50 pullup barrier, but I believe it is definitely possible for just about anyone, assuming you find ways to bust the plateaus and continue to work on your weakpoints.

If your weakpoint is your back, then one method may be to work your biceps and forearms first, and then complete your 3 sets of pullups (or however many you wish to do). This will ensure you utilize your back muscles to a greater extent as your arms will already be somewhat exhausted. I tried this method my last workout, and the vascularity on my arms increased to a great extent, which certainly is a nice added benefit. This is one of the likely benefits of those doing high-rep exercises such as pullups. I have never before had visible bicep veins, and finally they have began to appear, which certainly has aesthetic benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment